This week my brother in law is in town. I knew for a fact we were going out to dinner on Thursday night with my husband’s work, and I thought we might go out another evening with my husband’s brother, so I took it easy prepping for the week. I decided to make/prep 1) banana bread as a quick and easy go-to for breakfast (and I had a bunch of very ripe bananas hanging arount the house), 2) roasted tomato bisque to serve with grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, and 3) vegetable pesto penne inspired by this Rachel Ray recipe (I take out the green beans and substitute squash). Here’s a picture of the final product:
Here are the steps I took to prep/prepare these three recipes:
1) Begin with the tomato bisque. Put all required ingredients on the baking sheet and put into the oven.
2) Take the 25 minutes while the tomatoes, etc. roast to get the banana bread oven-ready.
3) When ingredients for tomato bisque have finished roasting and the oven’s temperature has reached 350 degrees, place banana bread in the oven to bake.
4) Finish the tomato bisque recipe.
5) At this point, I would have prepared the pesto for the vegetable pesto penne, but I already has some frozen pesto from Cabbage Hill Farms I ordered from Relay Foods a few months ago. The rest of the recipe is super easy to prepare, so I’ll just save it for the evening we eat it.
Here’s the meal plan for the week:
Monday- Roasted Tomato Bisque with Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Tuesday- Vegetable Pesto Penne
Thursday- Dinner at The Roosevelt…Yum!
Friday- White Cheese and Chicken Lasagna from last week. (We loved the carnitas so much from last week, we ate them 2 nights in a row. Then, we were invited to our friends’ awesome river house for the 4th, so I ended up freezing the lasagna for another time so that it wouldn’t go to waste.) Here’s my little girl having fun at the rivah!
If you have any recipes we should try, post them in the comments section below!