A good friend gave me three beautiful green peppers from her family’s garden this weekend, so on Sunday I prepped Spring Stir Fry Chicken, Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers, and a Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad. I used the recipe links as a guide, but I improvised a little as well this week. Here’s a picture of the final product:
First, let’s take a moment to discuss the above picture. A dear friend pointed out to me how ugly my pictures are. (You know who you are. ;-)) Yes, I know. They’re horrid. The words are difficult to read, the picture is fuzzy, and the font and arrows are abysmal. (She was particularly judgmental of my arrows.) Making the blog pretty is on my to do list–it’s just not very high up. We’ll get there soon.
Here are the steps I took to prep these recipes:
1) Begin the quinoa on the stovetop.
2) Brown the turkey and onions.
3) When 1 & 2 are ready, combine with the rest of the ingredients to complete the stuffing for the green peppers, stuff peppers. I always make a lot of this and freeze some for another week.
4) Marinate chicken breasts for the stir fry in a teriyaki sauce. Marinate the chicken breasts for the grilled salad in a vinaigrette salad dressing from the fridge.
5) Wash, dry, and chop the lettuce for the salad.
6) Chop onions for salad and stir fry and cucumber for the salad.
Here’s the meal plan for the week:
Monday – Chicken Stir Fry
Tuesday – Turkey and Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
Wednesday – Grilled Chicken Salad
Thursday – Leftovers
Friday – Frozen pizza or eat out
Happy Hump Day! I hope the rest of your week is awesome!